Product Management can be characterized as a dynamic field nowadays. The Product Manager has an important role in the organization and it functions as a central link between research, product development, marketing, sales and finance. In order to excel in the role of Product Manager, essential knowledge and skills are highly necessary. The Product Management course by Utrecht Business School is designed to offer you up-to-date concepts, the latest insights and tools you need as a Product Manager in order to level up as a Product Manager and your organization as well.
Topics discussed during the course
- The latest trends in product development and product management
- How to formulate a product strategy in alignment with the business strategy
- How to launch a product plan that is competitive and achievable
- How to integrate and implement the product strategy within the organization
- What role development, planning and marketing play in product strategy
- What skill sets are necessary in order to implement a product plan throughout the organization
- How to measure the product strategy’s effectivity and how to make adjustments if needed
After completing the Product Management course, you have gained the latest insights en solid knowledge in areas like product development, financial planning en marketing.
More importantly, you are now able to implement product related policies within the organization independently. You are now also fully aware of the strategic and practical implications of your decision as a Product Manager. You have learned the steps that are necessary in order to develop the product strategy, execute the product strategy and maintain the strategy successfully.
Day 1: Strategy, Organizational policies and the role of Product Management (Lecture 1 and 2)
During day 1, you will learn how to develop a vision with regard to Product Management in the organization. We will be focusing on the strategic context, the organizational policies and the role of Product Management. Market segmentation, consumer insights, concept creation, R&D forecasting and the development of value propositions are fundamental topics to be discussed.
Day 2: Product Development, Planning and Execution (Lecture 3 and 4)
During day 2, you will learn effectively how to get from concept to product launch. More concrete: you will learn how to come up with a solid Product Plan. The topics discussed during day 1 will be discussed on day 2 as well, although the topics will be scrutinized on a more profound level.
Lastly, you will learn how to involve all stakeholders of the (internal and external) organization in your product plan and how to lead the organizational change that is necessary in order to successfully launch the product(s).
Day 3: Product and Portfolio Management (Lecture 5)
During the last day of the course, you will learn how to maintain control and commitment related to product management processes. We will be discussing the following:
- To what extent do products retain their relative market position and how to maintain position in this regard?
- How to capitalize on competitive advantage?
- How to deal with portfolio management?
- What KPIs are should be set, which metrics are used and how and when should adjustments be made in the process?
Start date: October 12th 2023
Location: Utrecht (NL)
Our lecturers are professionals with substantial experience in their field of expertise, who dedicate a few days a week of their time to helping others learn. They have hands-on experience and are responsible for the course curriculum in which they include new technology and the latest techniques & strategies.
The program fee for the course is € 1.840 excluding VAT. The fee includes the course, literature and dinner.
No additional costs are involved.
ENROLLMENT & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
You can complete enrollment after you have been approved by our admission board.
Please contact Utrecht Business School admission board via 030-2270497 (option 6) or via contact [at] ubsbusiness.nl
Our admission board is looking forward meeting you and will be happy answering all your questions!